Monday, August 30, 2010

The Diet Root Beer War Will Soon Unfold!

I noticed a year ago that grocery stores were stocking Diet A&W Root Beer in their "Exotic Import" seection. The stuff is expensive, but it's great in that a) Limeys hate root beer b) Arabs don't know what it is and c) It's something different that I can drink beside Diet Coke and Diet Pepsi.

All was well for a long time. Then, one day after I had purchased my meager 4 cans of Diet A&W, I noticed that the refrigerator in our house stopped running out of the stuff. I turns out, one of Rhanda's new American friends also drinks and ONLY drinks Diet A&W Root Beer. I was drinking her stash that she keeps in our fridge for when she comes over. This isn't bad, except I found out.

All the managers of all the supermarkets selling Diet A&W Rootbeer have her on speed dial and she buys out their stock as soon as it gets in.... So -- the war is on!

3 comments:

Rhanda said...

Uh-oh. My money is on Julie. She looks better in a tube top than you do. Why do you think the sales people at the grocery store have never asked for your number? ;-)

Anonymous said...

Oh Paul, I have to bet on me too!
But I don't mind sharing my stash.
Altough I do agree with you on the price issue.
I was so excited when I found it here too.
I was also excited when I found Miller Lite. When I found the Miller Lite I emailed the family back home to say yee-haw.
I also told them that it was crazy that the Miller Lite was cheaper than the A&W Root beer. Go Figure.
I'm just glad you do not need a permit to by the A&W.
Loved the Blog.

Muscat_Moose said...

I capitulate ... for now. Julie definately has the bigger guns in this battle.

But I shop later (right after they stock)!

I also don't mind sharing.

Would love to have Miller Lite if you ever go there again.